I want my baby to dance like this - hilarious!!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
So tonight I was thinking about things I do that are "old lady-esque". It was triggered by the grocery store sale paper sitting on the coffee table. I love the grocery sale paper and yes, I know that's totally old lady of me. I know what's on sale every week at the store and get very excited when I can show uncommon husband how much I saved with coupons and BOGO items. So I asked uncommon husband what else I do that is like an old lady. "Drive slow" was his reply but for the record, I drive the speed limit so if that makes me slow I'll take it. Then we started talking about what Crazy Betty does that is "old lady-esque." Uncommon husband had me laughing with about 10 things he listed without even thinking about it:
1. Steals handfuls of sweetner packets from restaurants
2. Complains about the price of everything and trys to get a lower price everywhere we go
3. Complains about people on cell phones (according to her, every accident ever caused was due to a cell phone)
4. Tells the credit union she doesn't have to pay the service charge on the Coinstar machine because she's had her account there since it opened. (It's true that her account number is a single digit and my grandfather was a founder but still, everyone pays the service charge!)
5. Doesn't know how to work her remote control and then calls Uncommon Husband 14 times in an hour until he picks up to tell her how
6. Instead of buying new bottled water she refills empty bottles and tries to pass them off as unopened
7. Comes over unannounced and apologizes when you know she isn't really sorry
8. Asks granddaughter's boyfriends if they are on drugs and then says "well, you wouldn't tell me if you were" when they say no
9. Asks "Did I wake you?" every. single. time. she calls - even when it's 3:30 in the afternoon. But also calls at 8:00 on a Saturday with the sole purpose of waking you up because she thinks there is no reason to sleep late
I say these things out of love and fully realize that I am going to be just like her when I'm old. We already bond every week over the Publix ads ...
Monday, September 21, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
METHOD: Stove Top or Crock Pot
TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
Ingredients: 2 16 oz. packages of frozen fajita chicken breast strips thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces 2 cans Great Northern Beans 1 12-oz. package frozen Southwestern corn (corn chopped red and green peppers and onions) 2 10-oz cans diced tomatoes and green chilies 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cumin 4-oz pasteurized processed cheese product cut into 1” cubes 1 c. chicken broth Juice of 1 or 2 limes
Directions: Simmer all in a stock pot for 30 mins., or put into a crock pot and let simmer on low until thoroughly heated, about two hours.
2 ½ cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs (unbeaten)
½ teaspoon salt
Juice of one orange
2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
3 teaspoons baking powder
4 large Granny Smith apples
Mix all ingredients (without apples) until smooth. In a separate large bowl, peel & slice 4 large Granny Smith apples. Sprinkle 5 teaspoons of sugar & 2 teaspoons of cinnamon over sliced apples & gently toss to coat.
In well greased & flowered tube pan, beginning with batter, make layers of batter then apples, ending with apples. Bake at 350 for 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Monday, September 14, 2009
that tonight's gonna be a good night! I was going to blog about something else today but then I saw this YouTube clip on Facebook and could not pass up posting it on here. I have been singing the Black Eyed Peas song "I Gotta Feeling" to the baby and dancing around with her lately and when I saw this I loved it! I adore synchronized dancing!
Posted by Uncommon Blonde at 5:02 PM
Friday, September 11, 2009
Today I rejoice
Because I have a beautiful baby who is happy and healthy. When she smiles at me I feel like my heart could burst.
Because I live in paradise. Palm trees swaying, breezes blowing off of the Gulf, blue/green water glistening in the sun ... I am so lucky to live here.
Because I am married to someone who is giving, supportive and wonderful.
Because my family is close. Not in a literal sense, but in the way that matters most.
Because of forgiveness. I believe in a God who forgives me and loves me even though I am not worthy.
Because I have wonderful friends who are smart, fun, kind and loving. They are beautiful people inside and out.
Because I have more than enough.
Today I rejoice. My cup runneth over and my heart is full.
Friday, September 4, 2009
1 package cream cheese
1/4 cup honey
1-1/2 teas. vanilla
1/4 teas. cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup diced adn toasted almonds (optional)
1. in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. add honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice; mix well.
2. Spoon into bowl and top with almonds